The latest release of PHP Manager 1.2 for IIS now includes Windows PowerShell commands that can be used to install, configure and manage PHP on IIS 7 from command line. In addition those commands can be used to automate the configuration and management tasks.
Here are examples of what can be done with PHP Manager command line tools: Continue Reading »
ruslany on June 28th 2011 in PHP
ruslany on March 10th 2011 in PHP
PHP Manager 1.1 for IIS 7 has been released today. This is an incremental release that contains all the functionality available in PHP Manager 1.0 for IIS 7 plus additional features listed below:
- Improved detection logic for existing PHP installations. Now PHP Manager detects the location to php.ini file in accordance to the PHP specifications.
- Configuring date.timezone. PHP Manager can automatically set the date.timezone directive which is required to be set starting from PHP 5.3.
- Ability to add new PHP extensions. When pointed to a PHP extension file, the PHP Manager will copy it to the right location and will enable the extension in php.ini file.
In addition, several bugs were fixed in this release. The complete list of changes can be found in the change list.
PHP Manager can now be installed with Web Platform Installer. Use the link below to install it:
ruslany on December 9th 2010 in PHP
PHP Manager is a tool for IIS 7 that greatly simplifies installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of PHP in IIS. A beta release of the tool has been published a month ago and since then it has been downloaded nearly five thousand times. Today I am releasing the final stable build of PHP Manager 1.0 for IIS 7, which includes new features and fixes for the bugs reported in the beta release.
Both x86 and x64 builds of PHP Manager 1.0 for IIS 7 can be downloaded from the project’s page at codeplex.com:
Note: if you already have the beta release installed then it will be upgraded when you install the final build of PHP Manager 1.0 for IIS 7.
PHP Manager 1.0 can be used to:
- Register PHP with IIS;
- Validate and properly configure existing PHP installations;
- Run multiple PHP versions side by side on the same server and even within the same web site;
- Check PHP runtime configuration and environment (output of phpinfo() function);
- Configure various PHP settings;
- Enable or disable PHP extensions;
- Remotely manage PHP configuration in php.ini file.
The most important feature introduced in this release is the validation and optimization of existing PHP configurations on IIS. Continue Reading »
ruslany on September 29th 2010 in FastCGI, PHP
Today I am releasing PHP Manager for IIS 7 – beta, which is an IIS extension for setting up and managing multiple PHP installations on IIS 7 servers. It can be used to:
- Register PHP with IIS;
- Run multiple PHP versions side by side;
- Check PHP runtime configuration and environment (output of phpinfo() function)
- Configure various PHP settings
- Enable or disable PHP extensions
- Remotely manage PHP configuration in php.ini fille
The PHP Manager installation packages can be downloaded from these locations:
The project’s home page and documentation are located at http://phpmanager.codeplex.com/. This blog post describes how the PHP Manager for IIS can be used. Continue Reading »
ruslany on August 30th 2010 in FastCGI, PHP