Today IIS team has released the FastCGI Extension 1.5 for IIS 6.0 and IIS 5.1 – Beta. This version is based on FastCGI Extension 1.0 and it adds several important improvements and features.
Install the Beta of FastCGI Extension 1.5 for IIS 6.0 and IIS 5.1
- FastCGI Extension 1.5 for IIS 6.0 and IIS 5.1 (x86)
- FastCGI Extension 1.5 for IIS 6.0 and IIS 5.1 (x64)
Upgrade from FastCGI Extension 1.0 release
If you already have FastCGI Extension version 1.0 installed then the installation package will upgrade it to version 1.5. All the related IIS configuration and settings in fcgiext.ini file will be preserved during upgrade. Note that during upgrade the comments in fcgiext.ini will not be updated and will not mention new configuration settings. However the new settings can still be used after upgrade.
The FastCGI Extension 1.5 includes these new features:
- Monitor changes to a file. The extension can be configured to listen for file change notifications on a specific file and when that file changes, the extension will recycle FastCGI processes for the process pool. This feature can be used to recycle PHP processes when changes to php.ini file occur.
- Real-time tuning of MaxInstances setting. This MaxInstances setting dictates the maximum number of FastCGI processes which can be launched for each application pool. If it is set to 0 then FastCGI extension will automatically adjust the number of instances up or down every few seconds based on the system load and number of requests waiting in the queue.
- STDERR stream handling. There are several options of how the extension can handle text sent by FastCGI application on STDERR. The extension can send the error data as a failure response to the HTTP client or it can ignore the error and send whatever was received on STDOUT as a response with 200 status code.
- Sending a termination signal to FastCGI processes. The extension can be configured to send a termination signal to FastCGI process before terminating it. This enables FastCGI process to do a clean shutdown before getting killed.
- _FCGI_X_PIPE_ environment variable. This variable is set by FastCGI extension and it contains the name of the named pipe that is used for communication between the extension and FastCGI process.
- Relaxed enforcement of response headers syntax. The FastCGI extension has less strict enforcements for the correctness of the response headers.
Refer to the following resources for more information
- New Configuration Settings in FastCGI Extension 1.5
- FastCGI extension configuration settings
- Using FastCGI Extension to run PHP applications on IIS5.1 and 6.0
- PHP community portal on IIS.NET
Also, be sure to visit the FastCGI Handler forum on IIS.NET if you have run into any problems when using the extension or have questions or suggestions.
3 thoughts on “FastCGI Extension 1.5 for IIS 6.0 and IIS 5.1 – Beta”
i setup PHP Installer to Windows server 2003 sp2 x64 with fastCGI 1.5 x64 version.
phpinfo(); is working.
from php.ini i want to enable extension=php_curl.dll or other, gives fastCGI error 500 server error.
php-cgi.exe in event viewer there is error.
dodar, does this work if you use FastCGI extension v1.0?